I had just finished eating and was watching “YouTube”!
A video like this was projected
The area around the conset is neatly cleaned during the year-end and New Year’s cleaning, etc.
But something that is far beyond its endurance years came to the forefront of my brain!
It’s an extension cord.
I don’t remember for sure, but I’ve been using it for about 20 years.
I have been using it without any problems, but I am very concerned about it, so I bought a new one.
This blog is to tell you about a simple but surprising ending to the story.
New extension cable
First, there are three conditions that I set for myself when I decided to purchase
- with PSE mark (products specified in the Electrical Appliance and Material Safety Law)(Japan)
- it is cool looking!
I used the example method to make my purchase and decided…
Method of example (Formula 1)
Method of example (Formula 2)
“10 taps with super strong magnets~!” (Doraemon style)
Opening the package immediately, the main unit looks like this
A moderately chic, black, simply designed 10-outlet tap!
(In the image you can only see 9 mouths, but there is one mouth at the tip)
I noticed after receiving it that it also won the “GOOD DESIGN” award!(Japan)
I chose black because I thought the fading would not be noticeable over time.
It has a super strong magnet so it sticks to metal (very useful).
By the way, the manufacturer is “ELECOM”.
There are other features that match the design, but I’ll spare you the rest.
I took apart the old tap cable.
Now that the tap cable is old, let’s take it apart to see what condition it’s really in!
I can see hazardous areas that may lead to a fire accident.
I will look at them individually.
Deteriorated rust on the socket of a con set (red square)
Rust is visible on one of the inserts.
I recall a memory of knocking over a drink and splashing it on the cable.
Dust accumulation (red square)
Over a long period of time, from that little conset insert, Dust seems to have accumulated little by little
(Is this static electricity power?!)
If you’re going to use it for a long time, a dust shutter is a must.
Stains with liquid marks on cover
I remember wiping it off as soon as the drink spurted out, but it seems that there was more drink inside than I thought
1. safety first
2. too lax in crisis management
3. spare no expense for safety
This time, I saw “Nittele NEWS, [Caution] Accidents of ignition of wiring apparatuses such as electrical outlets are increasing. I became concerned when I saw this and replaced the tap cable.
It saved me from the worst of the fire, but it’s not something to be commended.
You all are okay, right?
[ Sponsor Links]