Long ago, when elections began people were not yet able to read and write well.
The “method, speed, and scale” of communicating information was lacking compared to today.
Elections were born as a way to convey the will of the people to politics, optimized for such times.
And now it is 2023!
Optimizing the electoral process seems essential.
Is it appropriate to elect one representative to indirectly reflect the will of the people in politics?
How about “policy elections” as a way to communicate diversity and individual public opinion in detail?
- It does not always have to be a person who conveys the will of the people to politics.
- Directly communicate the policies you want to see implemented without having to appoint a representative.
What’s in the Policy Election
- As an example, “Create 100 policy items and assign 100 points per person to policies you would like to see done” voting system.
The reason for 100 points per person is to make it easier to pass the will of the minority, such as LGBT policies (all 100 points can be voted for one policy).
- For those who are not familiar or interested in politics, a “recommended pack (combination)” is also available (contents can be checked).
(XXX Party Recommendation Pack, □□ Representative Recommendation Pack, or XXX Influencer Pack).
In addition, the contents of the recommended packs can be adjusted
Advantages of Policy Elections
- By making your own choices, you can feel a sense of responsibility and change.
(There will be a drastic reduction in the amount of name-calling and other abusive comments about the failures of our elected representatives.)
- less susceptible to the interests of political parties and their representatives (because the people directly choose the policies)
- No more need to choose just one or the other, such as “policy A is better represented by representative a, policy B is better represented by representative b, etc.”
Cons of Policy Elections
- Because the will of the people is directly reflected, there is a risk of unexpected tragedy in the case of highly specialized policies, foreign policy, and other policies whose outcomes are difficult to predict.
- The proposal to “introduce policy elections” must be brought to the floor for consideration and passage.
Evaluation of Policy Results
- The effects of policies have both short- and long-term effects.It may take a long time to see results
For this reason, I will save my chosen policy data until the end of my life!
To be able to look back on the trajectory of my policy choices.
- We’ll release the people’s data in a non-personally identifiable way, and we’ll keep it forever.
We do it so that we can benefit those who will live in the future.
It can be effectively used as evidence.
Books that influenced me in writing “Optimizing the Electoral Process”
nijuniseikinominshushugi(Democracy in the 22nd Century)
enerugiomegurutabi(a long journey Concerning Energy)
hitoshinseinoshihonron(Capitalism” in the Anthropocene)